This position’s responsibilities focus on insurance policy administration on our Savannah program team. Working collaboratively with the other program team members, the Client Manager/Associate provides day-to-day administrative management of their client assignments, including but not limited to gathering and organizing insurance policy renewal information; responding in a timely manner to all client service requests (e.g. certificates of insurance, auto ID cards, insurance policy changes/endorsements); client invoicing and accounts receivable management; and policy delivery. The Client Manager/Associate may, under the direction of the Client Advisor, participate in insurance policy review and audits for both existing and prospective clients.
The Client Manager reports to the Program Team Leader for client servicing responsibilities, career development (e.g. training, performance reviews) and general operational responsibilities.
The Client Manager/Associate will either have a comprehensive knowledge of commercial lines insurance and experience in efficiently and accurately servicing commercial clients or be new to the industry and eager to learn about our business. Client Managers/Associates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently; managing their work to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
Client Manager/Associates duties may include the following, depending on experience:
- Manage client information in EPIC to assure accurate and current information is maintained at all times.
- Prepare written correspondence and reports as needed. Communicate effectively with clients, insurance company and Palmer & Cay staff.
- Collect and organize all required underwriting information including exposure schedules, carrier loss run and client loss summaries, so they are ready for use in client strategy meetings and marketing efforts 120 days prior to policy renewal dates. Update all underwriting information as necessary through the renewal marketing process as requested by the Client Advisor or insurance company underwriter(s).
- Work within our client database to ensure the client exposures are up to date.
- Work with the Client Advisor in the preparation and presentation of insurance program marketing specifications/submissions.
- Work with the Client Advisor in the review of insurance company quotes, proposals, rating worksheets, and insurance policy audits for accuracy and compliance with requested terms/conditions.
- Work with the Client Advisor in the preparation of insurance program renewal proposals. At the direction of the Client Advisor, participate in the presentation of insurance program renewal proposals to clients.
- Manage all invoicing of Clients, including monitoring Accounts Receivable Aging schedules; communicate problems to the Client Advisor in a timely manner to minimize problems and the potential for policy cancellation for non-payment of premium. Assist with resolution of client/carrier accounting issues.
- Complete requests from Clients and Client Advisors for policy changes/endorsements, Certificates of Insurance, and Auto ID cards, including the invoicing of additional or return premiums as required.
- Maintain an “Open Items” inventory of services commitments, including a diary of completed activities for use in communicating client service accomplishments during annual stewardship meetings.
- Keep a record of all policy expiration dates for assigned clients and coordinate with the Client Advisor and Client Executive on renewal planning/strategy.
- Monitor client interactions to identify changes that may affect the existing insurance coverage or create a need to new/additional insurance coverage. Report any potential changes to the Client Advisor and Client Executive.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with clients, insurance company personnel, and Palmer & Cay associates; work with Client Advisor, Client Executive and Client Management Operations Leader to resolve issues.
- Maintain client and Palmer & Cay confidentiality.
- Take proactive responsibility in pursuing training needed to improve skills required for success in the position.
- Manage issuance of COI, invoicing and any documents prepared by contracted third party vendors.
- If experienced, manage a book of small cyber renewals independent of team.
- 0-5 years insurance industry experience related to servicing accounts.
- Property & Casualty insurance license eventually required, if not currently licensed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance company and insurance brokerage business or willing to learn.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship-building skills with clients and co-workers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with the EPIC Agency Management System is preferred for experienced applicants.
We are willing to work with this individual regarding work schedule and office/hybrid position. The workflow is uneven and would allow for someone the flexibility to mold their schedule around the work.