The Client Manager’s responsibilities focus on insurance policy administration and related client services. Working collaboratively with the Client Advisor and Client Executive, the Client Manager provides day-to-day administrative management of client assignments. The Client Manager may be asked to participate, under the direction of the Client Advisor, in the completion of client risk assessments and the development of insurance policy terms and conditions. The Client Manager may, under the direction of the Client Advisor, participate in insurance policy review and audits for both existing and prospective clients.
- Manage all client information in EPIC to assure accurate and current information is maintained at all times.
- Prepare written correspondence and reports as needed.
- Collect and organize all required underwriting information including exposure schedules, carrier loss run and loss summaries 120 days prior to policy renewal dates. Update all underwriting information as necessary through the renewal marketing process as requested by the Client Advisor or insurance company underwriter(s).
- Assist the Client Advisor in obtaining and coordinating responses to loss control inspection reports.
- Prepare all required Acord and/or insurance company applications.
- Work with the Client Advisor in the preparation and presentation of insurance program marketing specifications/submissions.
- Work with the Client Advisor in the review of insurance company quotes, proposals, rating worksheets, and insurance policy audits for accuracy and compliance with requested terms/conditions.
- Determine premium payment terms and obtain premium finance quotes.
- Work with the Client Advisor in the preparation of proposals.
- Manage all invoicing, including monitoring accounts receivable aging schedules; communicate problems to the Client Advisor in a timely manner.
- Complete requests from clients and Client Advisors for policy changes/endorsements, certificates of insurance, and auto ID cards, including the invoicing of additional or return premiums as required.
- Review non-standard certificate of insurance requests.
- Maintain an “Open Items” inventory of services and commitments, including a diary of completed activities.
- Maintain the current client “Schedule of Insurance”.
- Keep a record of all policy expiration dates for assigned clients and coordinate with the Client Advisor and Client Executive on renewal planning/strategy.
- Monitor client interactions to identify changes that may affect the existing insurance coverage or create a need for new/additional insurance coverages. Report any potential changes to the Client Advisor and Client Executive.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with clients, insurance company personnel, and Palmer & Cay associates.
- Maintain client and Palmer & Cay confidentiality.
- Take proactive responsibility in pursuing training needed to improve skills required for success in the position.
- Manage issuance of COI, invoicing and any documents prepared by contracted third party vendors.
- Manage a book of small business renewals independently of a Client Advisor.
- 2-4 years insurance industry experience related to servicing accounts.
- Property & Casualty insurance license required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance company and insurance brokerage business.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship-building skills with clients and co-workers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with the EPIC Agency Management System.