Palmer & Cay is a privately held specialty property and casualty and employee benefits brokerage firm. We are committed to an environment where experienced and motivated professionals are focused on providing exceptional client consulting services.
The Client Advisor (Account Executive) at Palmer & Cay works in a team environment with a Producer, Broking Consultant and Client Manager to provide professional guidance and service to an established group of clients.
In addition to the core team, the Client Advisor is also supported in providing unparalleled insurance solutions to our clients by the Claims Leader, Analytics Specialist, Senior Client Advisor, and Market Leaders.
Palmer & Cay – Value Proposition
As a privately held firm, Palmer & Cay is an excellent choice for persons who prefer a culture:
- Focused on the long-term needs of clients rather than short-term profit
- Colleague’s opinions are valued and acted upon
- Advancement opportunities are available and encouraged
- Professional technical resources are available to provide consultative services to middle market and corporate sized accounts
- Compensation is rewarding
- Work-life balance is maintained
Client Advisor Qualities
Palmer & Cay places a high emphasis on those professionals who have a balance of technical expertise with an ability to maintain positive internal and external relationships. Being proactive and focused on the client’s daily needs are core characteristics of our Client Advisors.
Client Advisor Key Responsibilities
Primary duties of the Client Advisor Include:
- Client Relationships – Work with the producer and/or Senior Client advisor to understand the client’s needs and maintain long-term positive client relationships. This includes providing timely verbal and written communication.
- Own the Renewal Process – The Client Advisor will own the renewal process including:
- Coordinate internal renewal team meetings to confirm renewal timelines and strategy
- Gather exposure information from clients and ensure accuracy
- Work with the claims team to provide the client with updated loss information
- Update renewal applications/specifications
- Coordinate the quotation process with the broking/placement team
- Analyze renewal quotations and prepare a proposal for the client
- Assist the producer in delivering the proposal to the client
- Provide appropriate binding instructions to the broking/placement team and Client Manager
- Work with the Client Manager to ensure the Client Manager provides proper renewal documents to client including binders, invoices, certificates of insurance, premium allocations, etc.
- Coordinate checking and delivering policies to the client
- Assist In Providing Technical Services – Coordinate with appropriate colleagues to make certain Palmer & Cay claims, analytics and risk control services are properly provided to the client.
Experience & Background
- Must possess a property and casualty insurance license
- Firm knowledge of property and casualty insurance coverages
- Bachelor’s degree or experience plus an insurance designation such as CISR, CIC, ARM, CPCU, etc.
- At least 5 years experience as a commercial property and casualty Client Advisor/Account Executive
- Will also consider someone who is not currently a Client Advisor/Account Executive but who has at least 5 years of property and casualty insurance experience and is prepared for promotion into a Client Advisor/Account Executive position
- Ability to meet with clients in person as necessary
Palmer & Cay provides a comprehensive suite of highly competitive benefit plans including performance-based compensation, medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability, 401-k, generous vacation and sick time, volunteer paid time off, etc. in an atmosphere where colleagues can thrive in a team-oriented environment.
This is a hybrid position for our Charlotte, NC office.
Palmer & Cay colleagues enjoy a hybrid work environment, allowing for up to three work from home days per week. In addition to regular office attendance, the Client Advisor will need to attend in-person client, carrier, and internal meetings as needed.