Palmer & Cay – Overview
Palmer & Cay is a privately held specialty property and casualty and employee benefits brokerage firm. We attract highly experienced and motivated professionals who are passionate in their commitment to providing exceptional client consulting services. The Client Executive/Producer at Palmer & Cay is central to supporting our goals of organic growth and providing unparalleled risk transfer and insurance solutions to our customers.
Palmer & Cay – Value Proposition
As a privately held firm, Palmer & Cay will be an excellent fit for Client Executives who demand a culture:
- Focused on the long-term needs of clients rather than short-term profit.
- Dedicated to maintaining properly staffed service teams of highly experienced professionals.
- Colleagues’ opinions are valued and acted upon.
- Compensation is rewarding and includes compensation for selling both Property & Casualty and Employee Benefits solutions.
- Partnership and equity owner opportunities based on performance-based metrics.
Palmer & Cay places high emphasis on those professionals who are adept at relationship building and strategic thinking. A Client Executive will also be highly collaborative, work cooperatively and have a strong appreciation for fellow stakeholders’ obligations to the client.The person will also possess entrepreneurial qualities, is adaptable and proactive in meeting client needs.
A Client Executive will have attributes which include:
- Adheres to Palmer & Cay’s core values of integrity, teamwork, client focus and results matter.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, working with both internal and external individuals.
- Ability to motivate and coordinate a diverse group of cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with owners, executives, and boards.
Client Executive/Producer Position
The Client Executive is focused primarily on generating new opportunities for Palmer & Cay but also will remain a key point of contact on the service team dedicated to maintaining client relationships over the long term. Being able to understand a client’s business needs and clearly communicating these to the insurance support team is a key skill requirement. The Client Executive will also oversee and manage strategic meetings with the client and support team.
Primary responsibilities of the Client Executive/Producer include building new prospect connections, converting prospects into clients and maintaining long-term client relationships.
Key duties to support these responsibilities include:
- Serves as a strategic long-term advisor to prospects and clients.
- Identifies and develops prospect relationships. Works with Palmer & Cay product line specialists to position Palmer & Cay as a prospect’s preferred insurance and employee benefits broker and converts them to clients.
- Strategically works with the Palmer & Cay Client Advisory team to identify clients’ needs, and objectives.
- Responsible for oversite and delivery of consultative advice and strategic solutions to meet the client’s needs and objectives.
- Ensures the client is pleased with services Palmer & Cay is providing.
- Builds and maintains centers of influence relationships that can support customer needs and introduce new relationships to Palmer & Cay.
- Assists Client Advisors, as needed, in developing and maintaining positive relationships with insurance carriers and third-party vendors.
- Works with senior management as a strategic partner and actively provides recommendations for overall partnership long-term success.
Experience & Background
- Proven experience in developing prospect relationships and converting them into clients in the insurance or financial services industry.
- Demonstrated capability to adhere to and champion the sales process.
- Established ability to maintain long-term relationships.
- Engaged in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Possesses an active Life and Health and/or P&C license or willingness to obtain.
Palmer & Cay provides a comprehensive suite of highly competitive benefit plans including performance-based compensation, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and disability, 401-k, generous vacation and sick time, volunteer paid time off, etc. in an atmosphere where colleagues can thrive in a team-oriented environment.