Palmer & Cay Overview
Palmer & Cay is a privately held specialty insurance and employee benefits firm with highly experienced and motivated professionals who are united in their commitment to providing exceptional client consulting services. The Senior Client Advisor at Palmer & Cay is central to supporting our goals of growing the firm and providing unparalleled insurance solutions to our customers.
Palmer & Cay – Value Proposition
As a privately held firm, Palmer & Cay will be an excellent fit for persons who prefer:
- A team-oriented approach focused on the long-term needs of clients rather than short-term profit.
- Having their opinions valued and acted upon.
- A firm dedicated to maintaining properly staffed service teams of highly experienced professionals.
- Deep technical resources being available to provide consultative services to middle-market and corporate-sized accounts.
- A rewarding and highly competitive compensation system based on their performance.
Palmer & Cay places great emphasis on those professionals who have a solid balance of technical expertise with an ability to develop and maintain positive internal and external relationships. The candidate will have excellent coverage and program design knowledge while also working cooperatively in a team environment. The candidate will also have strong relationships with insurance carriers and can provide proactive consultative advice to clients and prospects.
A Senior Client Advisor will have attributes which include:
- Adheres to Palmer & Cay’s values of integrity, teamwork, client focus and results matter.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, working with both internal and external individuals and entities.
- Client and colleague-focused mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with owners, executives, and boards to make insurance and risk management recommendations.
Senior Client Advisor Position
The Senior Client Advisor is the primary strategic client contact responsible for guiding a team of insurance professionals in providing a full range of insurance consulting services to a large, diverse, sophisticated book of clients. The Senior Client Advisor is focused primarily on maintaining long-term customer relationships, but also works closely with Client Executives/Producers in securing new clients.
With the support of a full staff of client advisory personnel, the Senior Client Advisor will focus on key areas including maintaining positive relationships, insurance program implementation, and client advisory services.
Highlights of these duties include:
Maintaining Positive Relationships
The Senior Client Advisor will foster and maintain positive relationships with various constituents including:
- Clients and Prospects – This will include understanding the client’s business/insurance exposures, and how to provide a properly designed insurance and service program to meet the client’s needs.
- Insurance Carrier Personnel – This will include fully knowing the coverage, pricing, and service plans the insurance carrier or wholesale insurance broker can provide to clients and prospects.
- Palmer & Cay Colleagues – This includes working closely with the client advisory team to make certain appropriate resources and service deliverables are being provided to clients and prospects.
Insurance Program Implementation
Works closely with clients, client executive/producers, and technical staff to implement the overall insurance program including:
- Risk Transfer Program Design – Based on the client or prospect’s business build insurance coverage, claims handling, risk control, service platform and funding structure appropriate for the client.
- Negotiate and Place Coverage – Place insurance coverage or oversee a Client Advisor who will place coverage with the insurance market to obtain broad coverage terms, technical services, and overall pricing for the client.
- Consult and Advise Clients – Provide clear recommendations to the client regarding insurance carrier, coverage, claims handling and funding options.
Client Advisory Services
The Senior Client Advisor will ensure the team is providing high levels of advisory service to clients including:
- Daily Service – The Senior Client Advisor will confirm Client Managers are providing appropriate daily service deliverables.
- Technical Services – The Senior Client Advisor will coordinate with appropriate colleagues to make certain all Palmer & Cay resources including claims, analytics and risk control services are properly provided to the client. This will include providing strategic advice to customers on a wide range of risk management topics.
- Insurance Provider Service – The Senior Client Advisor will routinely confirm insurance providers, including insurance carriers and third-party administrators, are providing agreed-upon services.
Experience & Background
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in being the primary strategic client contact and guiding a team of insurance experts in providing a high level of client advisory services to a diverse, sophisticated book of complex large middle-market and corporate clients.
- Positive relationships and success with insurance carriers.
- Proven ability to review insurance policies and contracts and make recommendations to the client for any needed changes.
- Possesses an active property/casualty insurance license.
What sets you apart?
- Bachelor’s degree.
- An insurance designation such as CIC, ARM, CPCU, etc.
- Engaged in the community.
Palmer & Cay provides a comprehensive suite of highly competitive benefit plans including performance-based compensation, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and disability, 401-k, generous vacation and sick time, volunteer paid time off, etc. in an atmosphere where colleagues can thrive in a team-oriented environment.